Friday, October 30 - Rambling On

I may only be a school clerk, but I am a damn good one.  I should be - I've been doing this job for 5+ years now and I've worked in the school system for over 20 years.  I'd just like to know why people feel the need to tell me how to do my job assuming that I haven't done it. 

Case in point - a note from a STUDENT AIDE telling me to please add the new student to the class roster - two weeks after he started.  She did this because his name had to be written in on the attendance sheet.  

Hello STUDENT AIDE the reason his name is written in on that sheet is because it was printed before he started.  Don't you think that I know there's a new student!!!!  I registered him!!!!  I made sure that there was a desk in the room for him!!!!   I got him a student agenda!!!!!   I informed the school staff by e-mail that he was starting school two weeks ago and that we should welcome him!!!!!  I've been doing this job for 5 years and I don't need little post-it notes from you telling me what to do!!!!!

Said note coming on the day we were celebrating Halloween.  Yes, I was going to be a witch, but I'll trade the w for a b right now.  Do your own job. 

Same aide last week asked if she could have an "adult chair" in the classroom because using a student chair bothered her back.  Not having any additional "teacher chairs" we, the secretary and I, suggested that temporarily she use a folding chair (adult size) until we could check with the principal about getting her a chair. 

Before he even walks into the office, STUDENT AIDE stops him and tells him her need for an "adult chair".  She tells him that she asked us for one and that we don't have one.  Never relates the suggestion we made.

Hey sweetheart, do you really think that your having a chair is the most important thing to bombard him with when he comes in the door!!!  You told us and we'll relate your predicament to the principal - we really will.  We know how to do our job.  Do your own job.

Change the w to a b again.

And since I'm reminding people what their job is - this one is for the SCHOOL NURSE.

We're in the middle of a nationwide medical crisis.   If you have a student report to you that has thrown up during lunch or has a fever - YOU sit with him in YOUR office and wait until his mother gets here before you take your lunch.  I am not a nurse, I am not a babysitter, and anyone who is actually sick should not be sitting in the front office possibly exposing everyone who walks in to their sickness!!! 

That's a big B.

Whew, that felt better.  Wanna see what made me smile this week? 



One of our teachers' husbands came back from a business trip to Japan and brought back these delicious cookies that she shared with us.  I thought it looked like it was smiling.   Wasn't she sweet to make sure that we got one from the box she put in the faculty room. 

Now, ask me what kind of Halloween treats were shared with us after we delivered all the cookies, brownies, cupcakes, fruit, yogurt, candy, etc. to the classrooms yesterday for their parties?  ONE teacher saved us a cupcake.  And yes, I did eat it.  After fielding phone calls all day about the time the Halloween parade started, answering the doorbell for parents delivering party goods, and getting stupid post it notes from STUDENT AIDE, I needed a cupcake!

2 comments:

Ice Queen said...

I hope that cupcake was delicious! You deserve it, Witch!

Sunshine said...

Absolutely gorgeous/hilarious & just down right FUNNY!! You had me in stitches in spite of not being very well I just HAD to laught out loud!! You carry on being a WITCH 'cause you make me LAUGH!!
{{HUGS}} from Sunsne New Zealand:-)